Translate

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Priest's mother's funeral in Pensacola

I just got back from participating in Fr. Pat Foley's mother's funeral. He is pastor of St. Joseph Church in downtown Pensacola. I know it was hard from him to celebrate the funeral Mass and preach the homily for his mother, but he did a magnificent and courageous job. The homily was excellent.

It is about a six hour drive from Macon to Pensacola.

I celebrated the funeral Mass for my father 22 years ago. But I've been telling my mother not to expect me to do it for her. However, after experiencing my friend celebrate his mother's funeral and preach, I think that I might be able to muster up the ability by God's grace. While my mom is 90, she's not yet near her time. But one never knows.

3 comments:

Templar said...

For Father Foley's Mother:

Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace. Amen.

Collard Green 72 said...

Father McDonald,
Thank you for coming to my mother's Funeral Mass. What a blessing for her and us to have you here.

fp

-Brian said...

Fr.'s McDonald & Foley, This was the church of choice for A1C Irene Faulds (Daughter) while she was in Corry NAS for the last 5 months. I'm sure you can count on her prayers for repose. My condolences. Thank you for being there in your parish for her Fr. Foley.