Translate

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

MY VACATION TO OXFORD, THE KILNS AND SO MUCH MORE!

From left to right Aidan Mackey, who is an expert on GK Chesterton as well as CS Lewis, Tammy Rowan, parishioner at St. Joseph, Macon, who worked at the Kilns this summer, Fr. Patrick Foley of St. Joseph Church, Pensacola, and Fr. Allan J. McDonald, pastor St. Joseph Church, Macon:


More pictures from Oxford and the Kilns and trip to London and Ireland from my friend, Fr. Pat's blog. His blog will be updated with more pictures as time goes on so check back and he posts other good things too, but never as controversial as mine:
PRESS HERE FOR FATHER PAT'S BLOG WITH MY VACATION PICTURES AND SO MUCH MORE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what's with all the McDonald's? I hope you two ate some local food! Nice photos of The Kilns, btw. Looks like a restful sort of place.

Templar said...

I'm quite jealous. Haven't been to England since the 1990s, and never made it to CS Lewis' house.

By the way, you can tell Fr. Pat for me that Westminster Abbey belongs to the Catholic Church too, those thieving CoE types took it from us!! LOL

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

We went to McDonald's just once and I think they put sweet pickles on my double cheese burger rather than dill, thus spoiling the experience for me, but how many fish and chips, Guinness, etc can one eat and drink before graving real food like McDonald's and yes, at the Kiln's I felt like I was in an artist's retention of what an English cottage would look like in a story book--no kidding. It was very restful and relaxing, but in a regular middle class real neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

I love those sorts of trips. I like the bedroom!

rcg