Translate

Thursday, March 8, 2012

THE "TNO" THE TRADITIONAL NOVUS ORDO MASS!

Two Traditional Novus Ordo Masses:
Two Traditional Latin Masses:
Yes, I think I have coined a new acronym, the "TNO" not to be confused with the "TLM" as the "TNO" is about the Traditional Novus Ordo and not the Traditional Latin Mass, the "TLM."

Since the TNO is the Mass that 99% if not more of Latin Rite Catholics experience or should experience each Sunday and every day, shouldn't the focus of bishops, priests and laity be on making the TNO what it is meant to be?

It is here that the TLM can assist with the ambiance and technique of the TLM's influence on the TNO. And since the TNO evolved from the TLM and in fact is the TLM revised into the TNO shouldn't the two experience harmonious continuity in outward similarities and theological underpinnings?

My previous post gives the recipe for this exciting project with the TNO. And it could describe the Extraordinary Form of the Mass and the Ordinary Form of the Mass when both use the term "ordo" to describe the content of the Mass. When both are celebrated sublimely as both should be, these are joined in the acronym, "TNO" meaning "Two Nice Ordos" or if you prefer, "Two Nifty Ordos!"

4 comments:

Marc said...

No offense, Father, but I really hope that this "TNO" business doesn't catch on! We'll never hear the end of it from Ignotus! Although, I'm glad you came up with it instead of him!

Anyway... Anyone care to speculate why the altar server is on the Epistle side in the last photo instead of opposite the Missal on the Gospel side? This looks to be the Prayers at the Foot of the Altar...

Anonymous said...

There's no money in it. I came up with 'Jumbo Shrimp' and still haven't gotten credit.

rcg

Mr. C said...

Could be worse, rcg.
In 57 I tried to copyright "military intelligence" as a 2nd grader, and a couple of guys that looked like Ed Harris in black suits, thin black ties and sunglasses made me go upstairs while they talked to my parents. I didn't get dessert for a month!

Joseph Johnson said...

Marc,
I served at daily TLM's for two years while in law school with an FSSP priest, who trained me.

When I was the only server, I always started out on the Epistle side because the priest would enter carrying the chalice with his left hand with his right hand on top of it to steady it.

He always wore a biretta, which, when properly worn, has the fin on the right side (also one fin in the front and one in the rear). When we reached the altar steps, he would take his right hand off of the burse (which was on top of the chalice)and grab his biretta by the right fin and hand it over to me as I stood at his right side (which would be the Epistle side of the altar).

He would then step up to the altar, place the chalice on the center, open the Missale Romanum, and return to the steps to begin the Prayers at the foot of the altar with me still at the Epistle side.

Now, if only the Novus Ordo did typically have the look and feel that these depicted "TNO's" have on this post!