Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2013

MY ROMAN HOLIDAY, I MEAN, SABBATICAL AND GOING BACK HOME!

Exactly 60 years ago I was preparing for my Italian debut, not in Rome but in Naples, Italy. You see, I was in my mother's womb preparing for my birth on December 21st 1953. Today some almost 60 years later, I am in the womb stages of preparing for my debut not in Naples, but in Rome as I prepare for my Roman Holiday, I mean, sabbatical just around the corner in September. I return to the parish in early December! Unlike my actual birthday where I was full term at the time of my birth and 10 pounds, I will be premature in arriving in Rome this time and well, let's just say a tad bit over 200 pounds.

7 comments:

ytc said...

How tall?

rcg said...

I bet that's holding your bags for the trip.

FrAJM, what are the actual dates you depart? Also, I suppose the Parochial Vicar will be in charge?

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

The program begins September 10th. I now have two parochial vicars, one from Poland ordained a little over two years and the other from Ghana ordained since 1995.

Fr. Allan J. McDonald said...

I'm 5'11" and shrinking.

rcg said...

I think I know the one from Ghana. Should be an interesting sabbatical.

Anonymous said...

Don't eat a gelato cone on the Spanish Steps. you might be inviting disaster into your life.

Gene said...

Ah, the time when there were real men and real women actors...not these shrewish, slutty looking women and androgynous, "sensitive" males.