Translate

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

POPE FRANCIS ORDERS THAT EVERYONE WASH EVERYONE ELSES FEET AT THE EVENING MASS OF THE LORD'S SUPPER, HENcEFORTH CALLED MAUNDY THURSDAY INSTEAD OF HOLY THURSDAY AS AN ECUMENICAL GESTURE TO THE PROTESTANTS



(Vatican Radio, April 1st, 2014) The Holy Father also said that he is ordering his gang of eight cardinals to study the issue of ordination of women as deacons, priests and bishops in light of his new rubric for Maundy Thursday and in light of religious and secular trends concerning the gender neutrality of Holy Orders and that brides and grooms can be of any sex or gender or none at all. He is especially interested in the transgendered priesthood.

Asked about how sanitary it would be to wash the feet of everyone at the Maundy Thursday Mass, the Holy Father said that the smell of feet is like the smell of sheep and if everyone smelled like feet what a better Church we would be.

The Holy Father also recommended that everyone walk to the Maundy Thursday Mass in flip flops or wide open sandals trying explicitly to get their feet as dirty as possible on the way so that an actual washing takes place.

8 comments:

Gene said...

I hope this is April Fool's...

Gene said...

Sung to the tune of, "My Bonnie Lies Over the Ocean:"

Last night as I lay on my pillow,
Last night as I lay on my bed,
I slept with my feet out the window,
Next morning, my neighbor was dead."

Anonymous said...

I really hope it's April Fools!
But would it suprise me? Not in the slightest

Anonymous said...

Gene, isn't this too plausible to be funny?

Gene said...

Yes, Henry, it is. However, I bit my tongue...

James said...

Why no "Bombshell!"?!

Anonymous said...

Henry, my thoughts exactly. For it to be an April Fools it actually has to be funny, not scarily possible

John Nolan said...

It's always been Maundy Thursday in the English-speaking world (most probably a corruption of the Latin 'mandatum').

The pedilavium should occur outside Mass. James II, the last Catholic King of England, was also the last monarch to perform the ceremony, but the Catholic Mary Tudor and her Protestant successor Elizabeth washed the feet of poor women.

Nowadays the Queen gives specially minted coins (the royal Maundy) to selected pensioners of both sexes.